RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SDS Logic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:25 pm    ::: SDS Logic Reply Reply with quote

You need a conference loss to win it all, what BS, maybe she should go by SBS ....

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like UConn (1995, 1999) and Tennessee (1998) didn't quite get that memo. Cool

Wow @ her Cathy Inglese endorsement. She (Cathy) hasn't been able to recruit any kind of speed. Despite that, she's a great coach, Stacey? Really?

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, even though I dont usually agree with that logic, I think Rutgers needs something to motivate them. They're a defensive team and defensive teams do need a wake up call. I dont think its NEEDED but I dont think it'd hurt.

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will SDS tell Sheri Coale to lose a Big 12 game?

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Actually, even though I dont usually agree with that logic, I think Rutgers needs something to motivate them. They're a defensive team and defensive teams do need a wake up call. I dont think its NEEDED but I dont think it'd hurt.

Reach 70 points and get a lollipop?
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Reach 70 points and get a lollipop?

I dont understand what you're saying.... If Rutgers will lose, it was because they didnt score enough. Thats the ONLY way they would lose. I think it would be motivation for them to lose one so that they dont let that happen again...

PostPosted: 02/20/06 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a facetious comment about motivation.

I'm sure Rutgers has a lot of motivation. Motivation or lack of it isn't the only thing which wins or loses games though.
beknighted

PostPosted: 02/20/06 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think RU's motivation is:

Temple 48 Rutgers 47

That game really was a wake-up call.

More to the point, you have to wonder what SDS was smoking.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 02/20/06 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Seems like UConn (1995, 1999) and Tennessee (1998) didn't quite get that memo. Cool

Wow @ her Cathy Inglese endorsement. She (Cathy) hasn't been able to recruit any kind of speed. Despite that, she's a great coach, Stacey? Really?

Inglese did land CT product Shameka Jackson who was a pretty quick combo gaurd, but she ended up leaving the program half way through last season I think. She now plays for Southern Connecticut.

ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/21/06 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, OU needs to take a loss. National title runs don't motivate anyone here. Why would it be different in Jersey?

Idiot.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 02/21/06 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stacey's an idiot. For her not to have included Brenda Frese among the best recruiters or teams on the rise is pretty blind.

She's also ethically-challenged, but that's for the WNBA board. Crying or Very sad

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 02/21/06 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
Stacey's an idiot. For her not to have included Brenda Frese among the best recruiters or teams on the rise is pretty blind.

She's also ethically-challenged, but that's for the WNBA board. Crying or Very sad

That's been thrown around sooo often it's almost become an urban myth. It would be nice to have someone articulate what the heck they're insinuating. I have issues with Frese, but because of how she treated the Minny players.

PostPosted: 02/21/06 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:

That's been thrown around sooo often it's almost become an urban myth. It would be nice to have someone articulate what the heck they're insinuating. I have issues with Frese, but because of how she treated the Minny players.

Courtside was talking about Stacey being ethically-challenged, not Brenda.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 02/21/06 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

really? ooops. Can I buy a noun! Smile

Maybe (taking in to consideration the subject of the thread) SDS has Pretzel Logic.

PostPosted: 02/21/06 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

She said a great Xs and Os coach, which has nothing to do with recruiting.

Why does everyone hate her so, so much?

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 02/21/06 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:

Courtside was talking about Stacey being ethically-challenged, not Brenda.

Yes, thanks Cam. (Work got in the way of my responding sooner! Laughing )

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 02/21/06 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't figure out who's hating whooooom at the moment, so I'm covering my bases....

Cathy was considered a class act while BC was in the BEast and many weres sorry to see her go. For whatever reason (perhaps a lack of admin support - maybe the institution... people think BC is an iffish sports school) she's never been able to land the top recruit, but has always coached the hell outta the players she's had.

SDS rubbed a lotta UConn fans the wrong way because they think she carries an anti-UConn torch because of 2002. Paranoia Strikes Deep in the Heartland (The The, if you're interested). Others didn't like the way she left/returned to the WNBA and others hated her shrill, wave your arms like you're doing bad karate commentating style.

Frese - She got a lot of players to trust her and then she dumped'em for Maryland. Granted, there was a LOT going on a Minny that made it a dubious place to be what with sactions de Littlejohn, money issues and the medling of the Ath. Depts. But she could have handled in a far better manner. There was a reason Whalen and troops were so peeved with her. They felt used and betrayed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: