RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana vs Purdue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 02/20/06 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
In that case..I'm for ALL the teams who beat ND - ALL 10 of them! (especially Seton Hall)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing

Hey, I will be the first person to stand up and say that the Irish suck big time this year but your team Purdue should've completed this Big Ten season with only 1 loss. I'm picking PU over Ohio St. for the clean sweep, but you must admit it was a shock them going down to IU at home.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/20/06 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
boilerjay wrote:
In that case..I'm for ALL the teams who beat ND - ALL 10 of them! (especially Seton Hall)

Hey, I will be the first person to stand up and say that the Irish suck big time this year but your team Purdue should've completed this Big Ten season with only 1 loss. I'm picking PU over Ohio St. for the clean sweep, but you must admit it was a shock them going down to IU at home.

Is that really true? The Irish were rated very highly in the preseason. The expectations for them were much higher than they were for Purdue. Yes, they laid a giant egg yesterday......yesterday should never have happened and better not ever happen again, but I think most people would agree that ND has been a colossal disappointment this year.

PostPosted: 02/20/06 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:
boilerjay wrote:

Is that really true? The Irish were rated very highly in the preseason. The expectations for them were much higher than they were for Purdue. Yes, they laid a giant egg yesterday......yesterday should never have happened and better not ever happen again, but I think most people would agree that ND has been a colossal disappointment this year.

Embarassed I'm so disappointed in my Irish that I got banned from a board for running my mouth about them, can you believe it???? This board wanted nothing more than sugar coating this so called Irish team this year that they got ticked with anyone saying there is a problem in South Bend and who do we point the finger at. I wasn't the only one who got kicked off for stating there is something wrong with this team who started out 9-1 and ranked in the top ten but then has done nothing but fall so far from grace that a decent Highschool team could beat them. I'm so not impressed with the play of several players that the Irish have and truly wonder if they would even make good bench warmers for other teams. I must say that I did not except Purdue to do as well in the Big Ten with Michigan St, Ohio St and Minnesota as they have done ( Michigan St. , Minnesota being a big disaapointment). I do feel that Purdue is doing what they need for the upcoming NCAA tourney, it's really good for them in that the limelight has eluded them this year for people are not going to expect much from them because the press and so called experts have not talked much about them . Purdue can make the best of this situation for I'm sure there will be teams who will not take them serious and well they better for I do believe Purdue is for REAL!

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/20/06 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:
boilerjay wrote:

Embarassed I'm so disappointed in my Irish that I got banned from a board for running my mouth about them, can you believe it???? This board wanted nothing more than sugar coating this so called Irish team this year that they got ticked with anyone saying there is a problem in South Bend and who do we point the finger at. I wasn't the only one who got kicked off for stating there is something wrong with this team who started out 9-1 and ranked in the top ten but then has done nothing but fall so far from grace that a decent Highschool team could beat them. I'm so not impressed with the play of several players that the Irish have and truly wonder if they would even make good bench warmers for other teams. I must say that I did not except Purdue to do as well in the Big Ten with Michigan St, Ohio St and Minnesota as they have done ( Michigan St. , Minnesota being a big disaapointment). I do feel that Purdue is doing what they need for the upcoming NCAA tourney, it's really good for them in that the limelight has eluded them this year for people are not going to expect much from them because the press and so called experts have not talked much about them . Purdue can make the best of this situation for I'm sure there will be teams who will not take them serious and well they better for I do believe Purdue is for REAL!

I believed they were for real too, and then yesterday made me take a huge pause.

It was honestly like the first time the team had ever played together. They were so out of sorts on offense that it was ridiculous, like they had never seen a zone before. They hardly ever tried to feed the ball inside, and all they did was pass it around the perimeter. WE didn't rebound well either.

As matty has said before, and I'm going to have to agree with him, this team could make the final four or easily get beaten in th efirst or second round of the NCAA tourney.

I am very interested to see how this team bounces back on Thursday. they could go two ways: let yesterday stick with them an dplay like it, or let yesterday stick with them and get really pissed off and play as hard as they have all season for an entire game.

Since I haven't seen an entire game out of this team this year I truly don't know what to expect.

PostPosted: 02/20/06 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect them to play better - although they might now have enough juice to beat OSU.

Here, IMHO,is the Boiler's main issue. They can not set their own tempo. It goes back to their point guard play - which this year is adequate as opposed to poor, but it's still a weak point. It's kinda like a person with a beautiful voice who can sing well in a choir, but can't keep pitch all by themselves.

Any hoo - if the Boiler's opponent sets an up tempo style they'll run up and down the court with them all day. The higher ranked teams they beat played at a pace the Boilers felt comfortable with, and so they did very well.

BUT - when they've gone up against teams with less talent who know the only way to beat Purdue is to take the air out of the ball, Purdue has a very difficult time changing the tempo. They get frustrated and out of sorts, and then bad things happen. Hence the fact they've "played down" to the level of the weak opponents they've come up against.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/20/06 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Capri wrote:
I expect them to play better - although they might now have enough juice to beat OSU.

Here, IMHO,is the Boiler's main issue. They can not set their own tempo. It goes back to their point guard play - which this year is adequate as opposed to poor, but it's still a weak point. It's kinda like a person with a beautiful voice who can sing well in a choir, but can't keep pitch all by themselves.

Any hoo - if the Boiler's opponent sets an up tempo style they'll run up and down the court with them all day. The higher ranked teams they beat played at a pace the Boilers felt comfortable with, and so they did very well.

BUT - when they've gone up against teams with less talent who know the only way to beat Purdue is to take the air out of the ball, Purdue has a very difficult time changing the tempo. They get frustrated and out of sorts, and then bad things happen. Hence the fact they've "played down" to the level of the weak opponents they've come up against.

Where oh where is Erika Valek when we need her!!!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: