RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Anyone know the Minnesota score?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/26/06 9:51 pm    ::: Anyone know the Minnesota score? Reply Reply with quote

My yahoo hasn't updated the score in forever.

PostPosted: 01/26/06 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Gophers lead 78-65 with 30 seconds left. Jamie Broback had an awesome second half after shooting 3-9 for 8 points in the first half. She came out and put up 25 in the second.

Last edited by pookie53 on 01/26/06 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/26/06 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gophers win by 9 Sad

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/26/06 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Gophers win by 9 Sad

Bison gave them a scare, though! I get worried when Broback takes such a high proportion of the Gophers' shots, but hey, nobody else was making them: worked tonight.

gumption72

PostPosted: 01/27/06 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Gophers win by 9 Sad

The Bison fans showed up at the barn tonight! You sure have a lot of traveling fans. Seemed to drown out the Gopher fans sometimes.

The Bison girls played well, IMO and I don't look forward to the day when you will be in the post season. Fun, but relatively nervewracking game. This could be a great rivalry.

Isn't SDSU in Div 1 now? If they are, I wonder if the Gophers have any plans to play those pesky Jackrabbits (I spent my first two college years there) in the future.

Jamie is making me nervous. She is inconsistent and I'm not enamored anymore. Good thing she has another year to get it together... if she wants to. I think her 33 points were great, but there is something that doesn't seem right about her total game. Lately it seems she wants to be a 4 more than a 5 to me, especially under pressure. Liz and Tash impress me more. I really wonder what Coach Borton is thinking about now.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 01/27/06 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
Lately it seems she wants to be a 4 more than a 5 to me, especially under pressure.

i think you're right.

on TV on the halftime show the other night, she was talking about how she was made to switch to post in high school and she didn't want to, and how she still would prefer to play outside. she always seemed like a good banger to me before this year... but maybe it really was a lot easier down there with McCarville in the game.

Sternvogel

PostPosted: 01/27/06 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
Isn't SDSU in Div 1 now?

The Jackrabbits are playing a primarily major-college schedule for the second season of their five-year term as a provisional Division I member, which means they should be eligible for the "Big Dance" in 2010. They compiled a 21-7 mark last season, and looked to be playing at the level of a high Mid-Continent or middle-range Missouri Valley Conference team in their 57-50 loss at Purdue on December 28, 2004. Currently, SDSU boasts an 11-8 mark that includes wins at Nebraska and Wisconsin, a home victory over Alabama, and respectable losses to Middle Tennessee State and Marquette. Then again, the Jackrabbits have lost at Southern Illinois and Brown, so consistency needs to be developed.

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/birthdays/index.html

Let me know of any players/teams you wish to see added!
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/27/06 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NDSU and SDSU will both be post season NIT eligible I want to say next year (I think that is the new ruling)...they won't be NCAA eligible until when Sternvogel indicated.

Both the bison and the bunnies hopefully will get into the same conference. I would love to see annual matchups with the Gophers.

gumption72

PostPosted: 01/28/06 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
NDSU and SDSU will both be post season NIT eligible I want to say next year (I think that is the new ruling)...they won't be NCAA eligible until when Sternvogel indicated.

Both the bison and the bunnies hopefully will get into the same conference. I would love to see annual matchups with the Gophers.

Me too. Too bad it will be too late to see a Boldy on Boldy (sisters, one a Gopher and one a Jackrabbit) matchup!

Thanks for the info.

And yes, as much as the McCarville/Whalen duo was touted, I think last season's McCarville/Broback duo was just as tight... with Jamie profiting from Janel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: