RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Virginia @ #18 Virginia Tech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/16/06 7:32 pm    ::: Virginia @ #18 Virginia Tech Reply Reply with quote

Trying to watch three games at once (2 women's bb, 1 men's bb) is exhausting! Shocked

24-12 'Hoos at the under-8:00 TV timeout.

Zoll: 7 pts, 3 assists and looks much better this game than last

Virginia looks GREAT on defense! Smile

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/16/06 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Halftime: 39 UVA, 24 Virginia Tech in Cassell Coliseum

Tech: 14 turnovers
UVA: 17 points off turnovers

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/16/06 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Virginia pulls the upset over the #18-ranked Virginia Tech Hokies 78-59 at Cassell.

Littles: 19 points, 12 rebounds in 27 minutes
Zoll: 13 points, 5 assists, 3 steals

oVerraTed? I know of one person on here who isn't happy.

Mathies to LA 2013

Last edited by bballfan2005 on 01/17/06 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/17/06 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll 'fess up; a few threads ago I picked Tech to win this game; I really overrated them/underrated Va. Not sure which.

Good win for Virginia.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/17/06 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the record dts, you're not the one to whom I'm referring, but thanks for stepping forth. Smile

Virginia and Virginia Tech are in peculiar situations. Virginia is supposed to struggle after losing five seniors (three of the top scorers). Virginia Tech is supposed to dominate because they have four seniors in their starting lineup (Copeland is the only junior starting). Yet after watching the game yesterday, it was clear that Virginia is the superior team in the Commonwealth. I've had doubts about VT ever since the season started and they revealed the cupcake schedule. No way a team full of seniors should be playing a schedule like that (no games against Top 25 teams though they did schedule Texas Tech without knowing how bad TT would be this year). That's why I never really bought into them as a team after they started off 12-0 and people started singing their praises. I knew it was a matter of time before the real VT would show up: the team that doesn't play much defense. Two ACC blowouts later, I think we see the real VT. Remember that NC State and Virginia are just middle-tier teams. It could get a lot worse for the Hokies.

BTW, congrats on the win over LSU. I predicted the UConn win over on the ESPN boards but was under the impression that the teams would play a lot more offense.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/17/06 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the congrats; actually I hadn't read your post, I just popped into this thread to fess up my mistake! Embarassed

Fowles never got going, they did a good job keeping her out of position, touches too high, and that slowed down everything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: