RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Arkansas 63, Auburn 60--final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanjet

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:08 pm    ::: Arkansas 63, Auburn 60--final Reply Reply with quote

The Lady'Backs built a big lead and held on to move to 3-0 in conference and 11-5 overall. Arkansas actually outrebounded the much taller Tigers 40-35 according to the livestats.

Rochelle Vaughn collected 16 points and 7 rebounds while Washington and Hobbs added 13 and 12 points respectively. Hobbs led the team with 9 rebounds.

Up next: vs. Florida on Sunday.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but just wait until they play GA , LSU and the VOLS Shocked

deanjet

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikey87 wrote:

Nobody expects Arkansas to come within 30 points of Tennessee, LSU or Georgia. In fact, very few people expected us to have more than one conference win at this point. As I pointed out earlier in the year, this is probably one of the weakest teams we have ever had, so being 3-0 says a lot for how weak the SEC is outside of the top 3.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

deanjet wrote:
mikey87 wrote:

Nobody expects Arkansas to come within 30 points of Tennessee, LSU or Georgia. In fact, very few people expected us to have more than one conference win at this point. As I pointed out earlier in the year, this is probably one of the weakest teams we have ever had, so being 3-0 says a lot for how weak the SEC is outside of the top 3.

no i'm not knocking the team at atll they have great players, who know where they may finish in the SEC.

caejal44

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Arkansas! Have to say that they are my second favorite SEC team behind UGA because of the connection between Gardner and UGA. How is the injury situation looking?

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikey87 wrote:
no i'm not knocking the team at atll they have great players, who know where they may finish in the SEC.

I understand, but I am just saying this team is playing about as good as they can. We are essentially playing a 5 guard lineup because we have one undersized center in Moore, which is just now getting back to full strength from her ACL injury a season ago. Allen is still injured and when we lost Pfeifer for the year, I knew it was going to be a long year. Coach Gardner has finally assembled a quality recruiting class, though, and she is high on the list of some very talented prospects that are juniors and sophomores that are also considering the likes of Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, and Stanford.

We better get all the wins we can in our first 7 SEC games because our first 7 SEC games are against teams with a combined record of 57-34, while our final 7 games are against teams that are 75-12. The records were as of last Thursday. I would still be very surprised to finish above 9 or 10 in the conference.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Hogs! SuuuueeeeeeWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Well that's as close to the hog call a tennessean can get! Shocked Cool

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: